Tuesday 7 June 2011

So...What's it all about?





A couple of months ago I was sat at my computer, trawling through the 'market place' section of a well known online fashion retailer when my mum came in, looked at the screen, pointed at a skirt priced at £30 marked 'beautiful vintage original C&A design' and said 'Ha! C&A? We used to call them crap and awful, that wouldn't of cost £30 new!' And a thought hit me, we, the long suffering lovers of vintage are being conned. 


I've been a big fan of vintage fashion for a few years now, not because it's cool to buy vintage, but because it's a great way of buying fashionable, good quality clothes without paying highstreet prices. So, after years of experience trawling through charity shops, car boot sales, vintage shop sale sections, markets and auction sites I've learnt a thing or two about finding a bargain. And I've decided to make a business out of it.


On this blog you will find lots of interesting background info on items I've discovered some of which (mostly those not in my size!) I'm going to sell on in my etsy shop at genuinely reasonable prices that reflect the quality and cost of the item, not the maximum I think someone might pay for them. 


And that's what it's all about! I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I'm going to researching it and if you see something you like marked **buy me** check out my etsy shop and find out more 


http://www.etsy.com/shop/sowhatitsvintage?ref=si_shop#

x

No comments:

Post a Comment